New Orleans, Louisiana Climate & Temperature
- New Orleans, Louisiana, Usa is at 29°59'N, 90°15'W, 9 m (30 ft). See map.
- New Orleans, Louisiana has a humid subtropical climate that is mild with no dry season, constantly moist (year-round rainfall). Summers are hot and muggy with thunderstorms. Winters are mild with precipitation from mid-latitude cyclones. Seasonality is moderate. (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cfa).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification New Orleans, Louisiana is situated in or near the subtropical moist forest biome.
- The annual mean temperature is 20 degrees Celsius (68 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 17 °C (30.6°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype truly oceanic.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 17.2°C (63°F) on average falling to 6.5°C (43.6°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 25.6°C (78.1°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 14.7°C (58.4°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 32.2°C (90°F) and average low temperatures are 22.4°C (72.3°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 26.1°C (79°F) during the day and lows of 15.4°C (59.7°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1571.8 mm (61.9 inches) which is equivalent to 1571.8 Litres/m² (38.55 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2635 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from New Orleans, Louisiana you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Amsterdam Island, French Southern Lands where you would find a Marine west coast climate.
New Orleans, Louisiana Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
New Orleans, Louisiana Climate Graph in Metric Units
New Orleans, Louisiana Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of New Orleans, Louisiana, Usa Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Natchez, Ms, Usa - 207.1 kms (128.7 miles) NNW
- Bunkie, La, Usa - 214.3 kms (133.2 miles) WNW
- Amite, La, Usa - 86.3 kms (53.6 miles) NNW
- Baton Rouge/ La, Usa - 101.3 kms (62.9 miles) WNW
- Lafayette Caa Ap, La, Usa - 168.2 kms (104.5 miles) W
- Grand Coteau, La, Usa - 168.5 kms (104.7 miles) W
- Franklin , La, Usa - 168.5 kms (104.7 miles) W
- Thibodaux, La, Usa - 59 kms (36.7 miles) WSW
- Houma, La, Usa - 62.5 kms (38.9 miles) SW
- Waynesboro, Ms, Usa - 253.9 kms (157.8 miles) NNE
- Brookhaven City, Ms, Usa - 225.5 kms (140.1 miles) N
- Covingtonnw, La, Usa - 115.6 kms (71.8 miles) NNE
- Mobile, Alabama, Usa - 207.1 kms (128.7 miles) ENE
- Pascagoula, Ms, Usa - 168.3 kms (104.6 miles) ENE
- New Orleans Audubon, La, Usa - 24.1 kms (15 miles) E